Publish the TerraBuilder project (TBP) and all project layers to SkylineGlobe Server. SkylineGlobe Server’s DirectConnect Service enables on-the-fly fusion of source data into a unified terrain database defined by the TerraBuilder project file (TBP). For projects whose source data is subject to frequent change, the DirectConnect Service eliminates the need for time-consuming re-creation of complete MPT files and allows dynamic updating of the layers and project. The DirectConnect Service also provides an efficient solution for massive data sets management. More about: Serving a TerraBuilder project >
Before publishing the project, TerraBuilder optimizes it for serving by checking various project parameters for compatibility with DirectConnect, creating index files if missing, and creating MPT resolution pyramids that include the original source data for all layers. If a layer’s pyramid format was not set to MPT in its property sheet, an MPT resolution pyramid is created for it. The published DirectConnect Project is available for use by TerraExplorer desktop, mobile and Web clients and standard geospatial clients such as WMS/WMTS, or as layers for a TerraBuilder project.
To publish a TBP project to SkylineGlobe Server:
- On the Home tab, in the Create group, click Publish to SG and select Publish DirectConnect Project.
- If you aren’t already connected to a SkylineGlobe Server, the Connect to SkylineGlobe Server dialog box is first displayed to enable you to connect. More about: Logging in to SGS >
- Set the View Access and Tags for the project. More about: Publishing a DirectConnect project to SkylineGlobe Server >
- Before uploading the project, TerraBuilder compares its file size, checksum, and metadata to all files currently on the server, to determine if a duplicate of this project was already published to the server. If a duplicate is found, the existing copy can be used instead of expending resources on re-publishing this project. More about: Publishing a DirectConnect project to SkylineGlobe Server >
- In the Publish to SkylineGlobe dialog box, click Publish.
- After the publishing process is complete, click OK. The Publishing Finished dialog box is displayed, with the following options relating to the published project:
- View in 3D – Open the TerraExplorer Viewer included in the TerraBuilder installation to view the project.
- Open the published project in TerraBuilder – Open in TerraBuilder the project that was published to SkylineGlobe Server.
- Save the local project… – Save the local project with all the optimizations implemented for publishing of the DirectConnect project, including the setting and creation of MPT resolution pyramids that include the original source files for all project layers.
- Select the options you want, and click Close to close the dialog.
More about: Serving a TerraBuilder project >