In this article:
- Publishing Projects/Layers from TerraExplorer
- Publishing a TerraBuilder Project
- Serving a TerraBuilder Project
Publishing Projects/Layers from TerraExplorer
Individual geospatial layers and complete projects can be directly uploaded and published to SkylineGlobe Server from TerraExplorer Pro. For data that is uploaded and published from TerraExplorer, the client-side data source defines the path to a repository folder for the uploaded data.
- Publishing a TerraExplorer project to SkylineGlobe Server >
- Uploading TerraExplorer layers to SkylineGlobe Server >
Publishing a TerraBuilder Project (TBP)
The TerraBuilder Project (TBP) and all project layers can also be published to SkylineGlobe Server directly from TerraBuilder. Before publishing the project, TerraBuilder optimizes it for serving by checking various project parameters for compatibility with DirectConnect, creating index files if missing, and creating MPT resolution pyramids that include the original source data for all layers. Terrain databases defined by the TerraBuilder project file can then be served to TerraExplorer clients and any application that reads the standard OGC WMS/WMTS protocol.
To publish a TBP project to SkylineGlobe Server:
- On TerraBuilder’s Home tab, in the Create group, click Publish to SG and select Publish DirectConnect Project.
- If you aren’t already connected to a SkylineGlobe Server, the Connect to SkylineGlobe Server dialog box is first displayed to enable you to connect.
- After connecting, the Publish to SkylineGlobe dialog box is displayed. Set the View Access for the project, and click Publish.
- After the publishing process is complete, click OK.
- Click Close.
More about: Updating a previously published TerraBuilder project >
Serving a TerraBuilder Project
SkylineGlobe Server DirectConnect Service is a subsystem of the Terrain and Maps Services that enables you to serve terrain databases defined by the TerraBuilder project file (TBP) to TerraExplorer clients and any application that reads the standard OGC WMS/WMTS protocol. The TerraBuilder project (TBP) and all project layers are published to SkylineGlobe Server directly from TerraBuilder.
SkylineGlobe Server DirectConnect eliminates the need for time-consuming re-creation of complete MPT files and allows dynamic updating of the layers and project. This is critical for projects whose source data is constantly being updated or modified. DirectConnect leverages cache technology and support for multi-core and multi-computer processing to provide scalability and accelerate publishing of the TBP. To enable on-the-fly fusion of geospatial source data into a unified terrain database, an application called a TerraBuilder "fuser" is installed on each server computer that allows SkylineGlobe Server DirectConnect to utilize the resources of the computer, on which it is running, for database creation. The fuser remains idle until activated by SkylineGlobe Server when a TerraExplorer or WMS/WMTS client loads the TBP layer.
TerraBuilder fusers are installed as part of the SGS installation process. More about: Installing SkylineGlobe Server (steps 14-16) > More about: Managing TerraBuilder fusers >