In this article:
In TerraExplorer you can add and edit graphic entities, each with its own styling properties. Objects include: labels, lines, polygons, 2D/ 3D shapes, 3D models, and buildings. More about: Editing an object >
More about: Object operations >
Creating an Object
- Objects tab > Click the object you want to create.
- Click and draw the object in the 3D Window. Right-click to finish. For 2D and 3D shapes, left-click to finish.
Selecting an Object
After selecting a single object, a yellow frame surrounds the object and the object’s property sheet opens. When selecting multiple objects, a yellow frame surrounds each of the selected objects and the Multi Edit property sheet opens.
Selecting a Single Object
- From Project Tree: In Project Tree, right-click object > from the shortcut menu, select Properties.
- From 3D Window: On Home tab, click Select > In 3D Window, select object.
Selecting Multiple Objects
- From Project Tree: In Project Tree, select the required objects (Use SHIFT and CTRL to select sequential and non-sequential tree items) > right-click > from the shortcut menu, select Properties.
- From 3D Window: On Home tab, click Select > Press and hold the CTRL key > In 3D Window, select each of the objects you want > In 3D Window, right-click and select Properties.
- From 3D Window (all objects in a selected area): On Home tab > Select > Area Selection > In 3D Window, draw area polygon by clicking (at least three points) and right-click to finish > In 3D Window, right-click and select Properties.
Adding 3D Models
- Objects tab > Click 3D Model.
- In dialog, browse to the required file to load.
- In the 3D Window, click mouse to define position of model’s pivot point on terrain.
- Adjust the model’s position and size in the 3D Window or from property sheet.
- Using the property sheet, set the parameters of the 3D object.
- Drag any of the three arrow resizers in/ out to adjust any of the model’s dimensions.