TerraExplorer supports the creation, positioning, and styling of 2D, 3D, dynamic, and terrain objects. All objects can be accessed from TerraExplorer's project tree.
- Basic Objects - Add text and image labels, polylines, polygons, and 3D objects including pre-prepared 3D models, buildings in which you can separately style the roof and walls, and 3D shapes.
- Dynamic Objects - Dynamic objects provide an easy-to-use way to add movement to 3D objects. The route of a dynamic object is set by manually placing waypoints in the 3D Window. The object’s speed is set either by setting a specific speed for the object in the object’s property sheet, or by setting the object to Move by Time and then defining a Start and End time.
- Modify Terrain Objects - Using the Modify Terrain tool, you can modify the elevation values in an area of the terrain or a mesh layer by drawing a polygon in the 3D Window and then setting the Modify Terrain object’s properties in its property sheet. The surface of the terrain is raised or lowered according to the elevation values of the polygon's points.
- Hole on Terrain Objects - Cutting a hole on the terrain removes the terrain texture while maintaining the original contours of the terrain. The objects or feature layers created on the terrain in the area of the hole are drawn on the original contours of the terrain.
- Video on Terrain and Video Billboard - Play a video file either on a selected area of the terrain (Video on Terrain), or on a floating billboard (Video Billboard). The positioning of the projector and the projected video can be determined using telemetry data that holds positioning information for the camera based on time stamps.
More about: TerraExplorer objects >