You can load any layer type from SkylineGlobe Server: 3DML, elevation, feature, imagery, point cloud, or raster complex. These layers are added to the sidebar’s Layers tab. Feature layers with complex geometries, i.e., multi-polygons, multi-lines, and multi-points, are supported.
To load a layer from SGS:
- On the sidebar > Layers tab > Load Layers.
- In the SkylineGlobe Layers dialog box, search for the required layer.
- For feature layers, the Edit Feature Layer Style dialog box is displayed. The specific properties displayed depend on the feature layer type. More about: Edit feature layers >
- Edit as required and then click Close to save your changes. All layers loaded from SGS are added to the sidebar’s Layers tab with a star next to the layer entry.
Search for a SkylineGlobe Layer
- Do either of the following:
- Search for a specific string - In the Search String field, type a search string or enter an attribute, condition, and value and click Insert String . The search expression is displayed in the Search string field. Select a connector: to include additional strings.
- Search according to geographic location - Click Set Bounding Box, and select the required region by drawing a rectangle on the map on the right side of the page around the area to which the search is confined. From the Map field, select Contained - to search only for layers whose entire geometry fall within the bounding box OR Intersect – to search for all layers whose geometry intersect at any point with the bounding box.
- Click Search.
Search Layer Features by Attribute
- On the sidebar > Layers tab > click the layer you want to search by attribute. Then click Edit , and click Attribute Table .
- To see attribute information for specific features, click Edit , and then click Select Feature . Then in the 3D Window, select the required feature. The Attribute Table for the selected layer opens with the selected features and their attributes displayed in the Search Results section.
- If you want to search for a previously-searched-for search expression, select one from the Search String drop-down list, and skip to step 6.
- In the Query Builder section, enter an attribute, operator, and value and click Insert String . The search expression is displayed in the Search String field.
- If you want to include additional strings in your search expression, select one of the connector options: AND or OR and repeat step 4 for the next condition.
- Click Search. Your search results are displayed in the search results list.
- To fly to a feature, double-click the feature’s row in the attribute table.
- If you have Edit access to the layer, click any attribute value that you want to modify, and type the required value. Then click Save.
Note: Attribute values can only be edited if the Allow Editing Attributes property in the TerraExplorer for Web Settings section of SkylineGlobe Server Manager is selected.