|Upgrade your experience with TerraExplorer Fusion, our new and powerful web-based 3D geospatial viewer. TerraExplorer Fusion offers many advantages over TerraExplorer for Web including: faster application loading times, improved rendering of large-scale layers, and full compatibility with TerraExplorer Desktop layer styling, objects, and API. Learn more >
In this article:
- Fly to a specific location
- Fly around freely
- Navigate underground
- Take a tour
- Set the navigation mode
Fly to a specific location
- Search – In the Search bar, type an address or location, and click Search .
- Fly to a favorite location – On the sidebar > Navigate tab > click the location to
Fly around freely
- Move around – Click and drag the screen.
- Zoom in and out – On a touch screen, double click the screen, and move your finger
up to zoom in and down to zoom out. When using a mouse, rotate the wheel button to
zoom in or out, in relation to the center point.
- Fly around a location – Navigate to the location, and then on the sidebar, click
the Navigate tab > Fly Around.
- Change the plane and camera altitude – When using a mouse, rotate the wheel button
and press CTRL.
- Use the HUD navigation controls – Click the navigation controls to turn North or
zoom in or out of the terrain. If the navigation controls aren’t currently displayed,
on the sidebar > Settings > in View section, turn on Navigation Controls.
- Navigate to the location, and then on the sidebar > Navigate tab > turn on the Underground
Take a tour
Play any of the pre-recorded presentations:
- On the sidebar >Navigate tab > in the Locations and Presentations section,
click the presentation to play.
- Click Play . To open a list of presentation steps, click Presentation Steps .
Set the navigation mode
Navigation modes determine how the terrain should be displayed in the 3D Window,
as a 3D model, a flat 2D surface, or as a 2D model facing North.
On the sidebar, click the Navigate tab, and then one of the following:
- 3D Mode
- 2D Mode
- 2D Mode Facing North