SkylineGlobe Server supports the hosting of multiple virtual servers (“sites”) on a single server. These virtual sites provide complete separation between customer layers and allow management and administration of the sites by the customer’s admin users. Each site is distinct and separate, with its own URL and its own data sources, layers, groups/users, settings, aliases, TE4W configurations, statistics, site administrator, etc.
Site Administrators can perform SGS management and configuration activities for their own site, while Super Administrators can log in to SGS Manager to any of the server’s sites to perform SGS management and configuration activities, including management of all the server’s data sources, layers, groups/users, and settings, and cross-site operations, e.g., setting cross-site aliases and permissions. The required site must be selected from the drop-down list at the top of any of the SGS Manager pages before performing the management activities for the specific site.
General site management, i.e. addition, deletion and editing properties of a server’s sites is performed from the SGS Manager Settings tab, only by Super Administrators. The Sites section in the SGS Manager Settings tab is not displayed for other users. More about: Adding users and setting user properties >
To add a site:
- From the SkylineGlobe Server Manager menu, select Sites. The Sites page is displayed.
- Click Add. The Add New Site dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the required information. You can set a limit on storage and concurrent users for the site. Select the Default Site check box to set this site as the server’s default site, i.e. the site that clients connect to when the public URL is used without specifying a site. More about: Setting site properties >
- Click Add. Upon creating a new site, a new data source, group, and default site administrator user are also automatically created for this site. A default user name and password are created automatically for the default site administrator based on the site name, as follows: “[SiteName]SiteAdmin”. For example if the site name is “SiteOne”, the default user name and password created are “SiteOneSiteAdmin”. The password should be changed in the User Properties dialog box after logging in for the first time. More about: Logging in > and more about: Adding users and setting user properties >
- If you want to edit the properties of a previously created site, on the Sites page, select the site, and click Properties.
- If you want to delete a previously created site, on the Settings page, on the Sites page, select the site, and click Delete.