The 3D viewshed calculates and marks all areas on the terrain and on 3D models and objects that are visible from a selected point on the terrain.
Create/edit a viewshed:
- On the sidebar > > Tools tab > Viewshed.
- In the 3D Window, click to define your viewpoint for the 3D viewshed, and then click again to define your desired endpoint (defining the distance of sight). The viewshed appears on the terrain as a sector of a circle, where the center point is the viewpoint and the arc is the endpoint (marking the end of the distance of sight analysis). Within the sector, areas that are visible from the viewpoint are colored green, whereas areas that are not visible from the viewpoint are colored red. The 3D viewshed is saved and is available from side toolbar > > Project Tree tab > My Data section.
- After creating a viewshed, the property sheet opens to set its properties.
- Description - The description or name of the 3D viewshed. This text appears in the Project Tree as the name of the object.
- Altitude - The altitude above the ground for the viewer location.
- Horizontal FOV - The horizontal angle limits, in degrees, of the viewshed.
- Vertical FOV - The vertical angle limits, in degrees, of the viewshed.
- Distance - The length of the viewshed analysis from the viewer in meters.
- Direction - The horizontal angle of the camera when viewing the viewer location.
- To reopen the viewshed property sheet after it was closed, on the side toolbar > > Project Tree tab > right-click the required viewshed, and select Properties.