This article presents the recommended settings for generating a true orthophoto. The settings that are applicable to nearly all orthophoto projects can be set using presets, as described below. Other settings vary depending on the project content, e.g., are there control points, or are there nadir and oblique photos. These should be set in the Build Parameters tabs, according to the recommendations outlined below.
To set the required settings:
- Download the attached True_Ortho.PMPreset, and copy it into the Presets folder (generally %AppData%\Skyline\PhotoMesh\Presets\. This preset includes most of the required settings.
- When starting the build, select this preset (Build Parameters > Steps > Select and Manage Presets).
- Add the following additional built-in presets (Build Parameters > Steps > Select and Manage Presets):
- Reconstruction: Mesh Vertical Bias
- Reconstruction: Fill in Ground
- DataPrep: Set SMPT Quality to JPEG 98%.
- On the AT tab, set the Camera Position Accuracy setting as follows:
- If there are ground control points in the project, set this parameter to Reliable w/ orientation.
- If there are no ground control points, set this parameter to Standard.
- On the Reconstruction tab, set the Remove Floating Components to Mild.
Note: If there are no power lines, poles, or other thin features, set this parameter to Regular or Extra.
- On the Output tab, in the Raster section, select the Orthophoto checkbox. Make sure that the compression is set to 98%
- Click the three dots next to Bands and Collections. Then click the Collections tab and select only the nadir collections:
- If the dataset contains only nadir photo collections, select all the collections and click OK.
- If the dataset contains both nadir and oblique collections, clear all the oblique collections, and leave only the nadir collection selected, and click OK.