|Upgrade your experience with TerraExplorer Fusion, our new and powerful web-based 3D geospatial viewer. TerraExplorer Fusion offers many advantages over TerraExplorer for Web including: faster application loading times, improved rendering of large-scale layers, and full compatibility with TerraExplorer Desktop layer styling, objects, and API. Learn more >|
In this article:
- Measure distance
- Measure area
- On the sidebar > Analysis tab > Distance.
- Click any point on the terrain or on an object to define the start point of the measurement. Click to set the second point and then again for each additional segment. Right-click to finish.
Measure area on an arbitrary plane or the terrain:
- On the sidebar > Analysis tab > Area.
- For area on terrain, click Horizontal Mode . For area on an arbitrary plane, click 3D Plane Mode .
- Click any point on the terrain/plane to define the start point of the measurement, and then click to set the second point and again for each additional point. Right-click to finish the measurement.
- If the region measured was entirely on the terrain, you can click Terrain Surface to calculate the surface area of the selected region taking into account terrain contours. The area polygon is overlaid with a white grid representing the terrain surface area, and the terrain surface area is added to the measurements in the Area – Horizontal Mode dialog box.