SkylineGlobe Server (SGS) provides a comprehensive set of web services for publishing, storing, managing and streaming 3D spatial data:
- Terrain – The SkylineGlobe Server Terrain Service streams terrain data stored either in Skyline optimized terrain databases (MPT) or in terrain databases defined by the TerraBuilder project file (TBP). The terrain database (MPT) is a compressed, multi-resolution, stream-optimized file that includes all source information and applied manipulations in the TerraBuilder project. Terrain databases defined by the TerraBuilder project file (TBP) are served using SkylineGlobe Server DirectConnect.
- Maps – The SkylineGlobe Server Maps Service streams imagery layers and maps in WMS/WMTS format to most common GIS viewers.
- Feature – The SkylineGlobe Server Feature Service streams feature layers from files and databases. It also supports advanced spatial and attribute queries from TerraExplorer and other WFS clients. With SGS’s support for WFS-T (Web Feature Service-Transactional), remote clients can edit (create, delete, and update features) the feature layer and save changes to the data source. SGS supports WFS versions 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.
- 3D Mesh – The SkylineGlobe Server 3D Mesh Service streams multi-resolution and stream-optimized 3D Mesh Layers databases (3DML) from 3DML files. The 3D Mesh Service also exposes the data as OGC 3D Tiles and I3S for TerraExplorer for Web and Cesium based clients. 3D mesh layers (3DML) are high-resolution, textured, 3D mesh models that have been compressed and stream-optimized to accelerate loading speed and efficiently handle memory. Mesh layers are created in PhotoMesh or TerraExplorer Pro.
- Point Cloud – The SkylineGlobe Server Point Cloud Service streams multi-resolution and stream-optimized point cloud data from CPT files. The Point Cloud Service also exposes the data as OGC 3D Tiles for TerraExplorer for Web and Cesium based clients. Point cloud models are created from a list of points in a 3D area that are collected by various sources including 3D scanners. The TerraExplorer Convert Point Cloud to CPT tool converts point cloud data from various formats to a unified, visualization and stream-optimized Skyline-proprietary Point Cloud file (CPT) format.