In this article:
- Preparing the Silent Installation File
- Silently Installing TerraExplorer
- Automating License Configuration
Preparing the Silent Installation File
To prepare the silent installation file:
- Place the standard TerraExplorer installer in a temp folder.
- Run the following (case sensitive) command from the command line to create the ISS file, and then let the installation finish:
Setup.exe /r /f1"C:\setup.iss" /V"Silent=1"
- Copy the C:\setup.iss file to the temp folder.
Silently Installing TerraExplorer
To install TerraExplorer silently:
Note: If a TEZ named setup.tez is placed next to the TerraExplorer installation file during installation, it will automatically be installed.
Setup.exe /s /f1[FullPath2issFile] /hide_progress /V"Silent=1"where [FullPath2issFile] gives the full path to the iss file in the temp folder (e.g. C:\temp\setup.iss).
- If you want to install to a custom directory, include the following:
Setup.exe /s /f1[FullPath2issFile] /hide_progress /V"Silent=1 CustomInstallDir=c:\[foldername]"where [foldername] is the name of the custom directory.
Note: You can build a wrapper installer that automatically executes the steps above.
Automating License Configuration
To automate license configuration, use TerraExplorer's TEZ Creator:
- Open TerraExplorer, and run the Make TEZ tool from the Tools tab. The TEZ Creator wizard opens.
- Select the Package a License option.
- In the Package Licenses dialog, click Add and browse to one or more license files.
- If you are packaging a license that is on a Skyline Floating License Server, enter the server’s URL.
- Click Next. You can skip the installation wizard's next step: Select Certificate for Signing, and click Next again. The Create TEZ dialog is displayed.
- In the File Path field, browse to the directory in which to create the TEZ file, and type the following name for the file: setup.tez
- Click Save, and then click Create.
- Place setup.tez next to the TE setup.exe to silently install the license TEZ when the setup file is run.