Project settings are set in the Project Settings dialog box. These settings include general project and startup information, terrain database properties, application layout, and specifications for startup date/time and environment effects. The settings are saved in the project's .FLY file and applied each time this file is used:
- General - Define basic properties of the .FLY file including: project information, minimum required version of TerraExplorer, and startup message parameters.
- Date and Light - Control the sun and shadow display and the range of the Date and Time slider.
- Layout - Set window size and layout of the containers after TerraExplorer reopens the project and contents for the left, right, top, bottom, and main view containers and floating window.
- Terrain Database - Determine the terrain source and settings, and sets and restore the terrain coordinate system.
- Screen Overlay - Set the copyright text and overlay image for the 3D Window.
- Environment - Set the appearance of the sky and clouds in the 3D Window.
- Navigation - Define the characteristics and limits of the free flight (speed and altitude). These settings do not affect pre-determined fly-through such as fly-to object or fly-to location.
More about: Project settings >