You can create a subset of your 3DML by cropping out a particular section and exporting it to a new mesh layer. This can be used to replace part of a mesh with a 3D model or different 3DML.
To extract and export a subset of your 3DML:
- Create a shape layer and add a polygon with a hole around the area you wish to exclude from the 3DML. For more information on how to perform special editing, see: Working with Feature Layers.
- Select the polygon and copy it to the clipboard.
- Select the mesh layer, and then in the Mesh Layer group, select Export to Mesh. The Export to Mesh Layer dialog box is displayed.
- To export sections of the mesh layer using the clip polygon on the clipboard, select the Clip layer with polygons from clipboard checkbox, and click Create.
- Load the created 3DML into the project.