You can load any layer type from SkylineGlobe Server: 3DML, elevation, feature, imagery, point cloud, or raster complex. These layers are added to the side toolbar’s Layers tab. Feature layers with complex geometries, i.e., multi-polygons, multi-lines, and multi-points, are supported.
You must be logged in to SkylineGlobe Server to load a layer. More about: Logging in to SkylineGlobe Server >
To load a layer from SGS:
- On the side toolbar > Project Tree or Layers tab > Load Layer.
- In the SkylineGlobe Layers dialog box, search for the required layer.
- For feature layers, the Edit Feature Layer Style dialog box is displayed. The specific properties displayed depend on the feature layer type. More about: Edit feature layers >
- Edit as required and then click Close to save your changes. All layers loaded from SGS are added to the My Data section of the Project Tree and Layers tabs.
Search for a SkylineGlobe Layer
- Do either of the following:
- Search for a specific string - In the Search String field, type a search string or enter an attribute, condition, and value and click Insert String. The search expression is displayed in the Search string field. Select a connector: to include additional strings.
- Search according to geographic location - Click Set Bounding Box, and select the required region by drawing a rectangle on the map on the right side of the page around the area to which the search is confined. From the Map field, select Contained - to search only for layers whose entire geometry fall within the bounding box OR Intersect – to search for all layers whose geometry intersect at any point with the bounding box.
- Click Search.