After you start a new project, the Project Settings dialog box opens automatically, so that you can define your project settings. At this stage you must define a coordinate system for the project. Once the coordinate system is defined it should not be changed. Other settings can also be defined at this point.
Note: All project settings apply only to the current project; they do not affect the TerraBuilder default settings (set from the Preferences dialog box).
To define project settings:
- On the Home tab, in the Project group, click Project Settings (F8). The Project Settings dialog box opens.
- If you are starting a new project, click the General tab, and select the required Project Coordinate System. More about: Setting the project's coordinate system >
- All other settings can be defined when you start a project or at a later stage, prior to creating an MPT file. Click the tabs and define the project settings:
- General - Determine the format used to create the 3D terrain output, and the relative ratio of compression to quality for the image and elevation data.
- Information - Define general project information: the project name, description, and tags.
- Directories -Set the MPT file name and directory and locations of the source and pyramid file directories. Here you also have a check box that tells the program to keep the directory names network compatible.
- Project Ruler - Set the project ruler, which is a geometric progression that defines the resolution (UPP) sub-division in the MPT file and the resolution range for the project. These settings affect the quality and size of the final product. In most cases it is best to use the default settings.
- Min and Max Elevation - Define settings for the minimum and maximum elevation values in the terrain database. This option removes unreasonable heights from the data, such as null values and peaks, to keep the dynamic range of elevation values to a minimum, creating a smooth-looking MPT file.
More about: Project settings >