Open the TerraExplorer Programmer's Guide >
TerraExplorer also provides a set of ActiveX controls that enables you to embed the 3D Window and Project Tree as ActiveX objects within a customized user interface.
This article describes how to use TerraExplorer's interfaces and additional capabilities to customize and enhance TerraExplorer functionality.
The following main issues are addressed by the TerraExplorer API:
- Navigating in the 3D World
- Project management
- Feature and raster layers
- Objects management
- Terrain analysis
- Events notifications
TerraExplorer's API also allows a variety of other operations such as controlling the content of the containers, querying the terrain for height information, taking snapshots, controlling the mouse and more.
TerraExplorer API can be implemented in all of the following:
- Script messages that are executed when a TerraExplorer message is activated.
- Add-ons that are packaged HTML or other tools that expand TerraExplorer capabilities, customize the ribbon and the user interface. Use the TEZ mechanism for easy distribution. Download sample TEZ add-ons >
- Stand-alone 3D desktop applications in several programming languages such as C++.
- Applications with embedded TerraExplorer ActiveX controls, e.g., C# Forms application.