TerraExplorer offers an array of line of sight tools:
- Line of Sight - Provides a visual indication of whether specific locations in the 3D World can be seen from a selected position. The tool displays a visual marker for the existence of a line of sight from a single observer position to multiple positions in the world.
- Viewshed - A collection of tools that enable you to calculate the view from a selected observer point or analyze the visibility of a selected area from multiple observer viewpoints.
- Viewshed on Route - A collection of tools that provide you with a graphical representation of the view on the terrain from a series of points (route). The animation can be defined by movement according to a set speed or by progress along a defined route over a defined time frame.
- Threat Dome - Analyzes and displays the area that is visible from a given point on the terrain within a 360 horizontal field of view. Several display options for the threat dome are available so that the particular information required can be easily visualized, from a sphere that defines the outer boundaries of the volume that is visible from the viewpoint, to a skyline that highlights obstructions to the field of view.
- Buffer Query - Detects all penetrations by 3D elements (e.g., 3D object or 3DML) to a set buffer zone of a selected polyline. The tool scans the buffer zone of each of the polyline's query points, and colors in red all query points with breached buffer zones.
More about: Line of sight tools >