TerraExplorer offers an array of tools, which make it easy to analyze and visual topographical information to enhance your geospatial understanding of an area:
- Contour Map - Create a topographic map that portrays differences in terrain elevation by connecting points of equal elevation with contour lines or by coloring terrain according to varying altitudes.
- Slope Map - A range of tools that provide slope information for a specified area or the entire terrain, including an advanced slope map in which parameters such as coverage area, slope palette, and arrow color can be customized.
- Best Path - Calculate the best path between two locations on the terrain without exceeding definable climb and descent slope limits. The calculation takes into account the elevation values of the terrain, and implements a heuristic algorithm.
- Terrain Profile - Display the terrain elevation profile along a defined path, and related information on this profile such as maximum and minimum elevation values and slope.
- Flood Analysis - Assess the land area covered by water in different water flooding scenarios. Analysis can be performed based on single instance - water level rises once, or continuous rise - water level rising at a constant rate over a certain period of time.
- Volume Analysis - Analyze the volume of the terrain or model removed or added by selected horizontal planes or modify terrain/3DML objects.
- Cross Section - Make horizontal or vertical straight cuts to expose obscured sections of the 3D View.
More about: Terrain analysis tools >