PhotoMesh can extract individual frames from video and save them as photo files. Supported video formats include: MPEG, AVI, MOV, and WMV.
To load photos from a video:
- On the Home tab, in the Add group, click Photos, and then from the Add Photos Wizard, select Load Video. The Load Video dialog is displayed.
- Browse to the video file, and click Open. The Load Video Editor is displayed.
Load Video Editor
- Enter the following information:
- Start - Start time from which video frame extraction should begin. Type in the time or drag the Start marker of the Video Cropping bar to the required position.
- End - End time for video frame extraction. Type in the time or drag the End marker of the Video Cropping bar to the required position.
- Frame Every - Sampling interval, i.e., every how many seconds a frame should be captured.
- Focal Length Normalization - Camera properties used to set the focal length. Select one of the following options:
- Focal length and sensor width
- Focal length and pixel size
- Focal length 35
- Focal Length - Focal length in millimeters.
- Sensor Width - Size of the camera sensor in millimeters.
- Pixel Size - Size of a physical pixel on the camera sensor in millimeters.
- Zoom - How the video was captured:
- Fixed - Select if the video was captured with a fixed zoom. In this case, PhotoMesh will ensure that all intrinsic parameters for all the video frames are the same.
- Not Fixed - Select if the zoom level varied over the course of the capture, e.g. by using auto-zoom. In this case, PhotoMesh will calculate intrinsic parameters per frame.
- Click Load. The video frames are loaded into the project as photo files into a single photo collection.