TerraBuilder plug-ins support different data formats. These plug-ins allow TerraBuilder to read an extensive range of formats. Supported plug-ins include the following:
- TLT - Enables loading several raster files, into TerraBuilder, as one source file. The plug-in loads files in TLT format (*.tlt)ץ
- RAW - Enables loading of data from any raw undefined format file.
- GRW - Enables the loading of XYZ ASCII and Z ASCII elevation files.
- RGB - Enables loading several one-band image files as one RGB source file.
- IMG - There are two IMG plug-ins: Gdal IMG (*.img) and Erdas Imagine (*.img). The Erdas Imagine plug-in should be selected when you want to select bands, equalize data, load as monochrome, or force full Mip map creation.
- NGA - Enables loading of NGA format files (CIB, CADRG, ADRG, DTED)
- TRI - Enables loading TRI format files that have been created using the Triangulate Irregular Elevation Grid tool.
- GeoPackage - Enables loading GeoPackage files. GeoPackage is an SQLite based standard format that is able to hold multiple raster data layers in a single file
TerraBuilder uses a dynamic plug-in mechanism that allows easy update when you receive a new or updated plug-in from Skyline Software System.
To update plug-ins:
- Quit TerraBuilder.
- In the “Plugs” folder (usually located under C:\Program files\Skyline\TerraBuilder), add or replace the file (with RCT extension) or any other files as required by the supplier.
- Reopen TerraBuilder. If you installed a new plug-in, the new extension appears in the Files of Type list when you add a new source.
To view a description of the current version of a plug-in:
- Click the TerraBuilder button , point to Resources, and then click About TerraBuilder Components.
- In the Components section, click the required plug-in.