Mesh layers created through the Classify Mesh Layer, Models to 3DML, and Import BIM Layer tools include feature layers, which support many of the editing, analysis, and querying capabilities available for standard feature layers. These include:
- Spatial queries to select features within a particular geographical area.
- Use of the attribute information included in a 3DML’s feature layers to display only selected areas of the mesh model that match a specific attribute value.
- Basing of feature properties such as tint and tooltip on the feature’s attribute values.
- Data searches using the Attribute Table Tool to easily edit the attribute values of multiple features or create a new shapefile based on the filtered data.
- Modification of basic layer and feature properties (a limited subset of a standard feature layer’s properties) from the layer’s property sheet.
More about: Spatial and attribute queries >