In this article:
Important: This article, as well as the following ones in this section, are based on the PhotoMesh 7.7.0 - Quick Start Tutorial. Download tutorial (including demo project) >
Creating a New PhotoMesh Project
- Click Start > Skyline PhotoMesh > PhotoMesh.
- Click the PhotoMesh button, and then click New (CTRL+N). The New Project dialog box is displayed.
- In the Name field, type “MyFirstPhotoMeshProject”.
- In the Path field, browse to .\7.7.0 - Quick Start Tutorial\Project\ (Full path required) and click OK. A new PhotoMesh project is created.
- All the paths referenced in the manual are relative to the extracted 7.7.0 - Quick Start Tutorial folder.
- If there is no network access, the Terrain Database dialog is displayed, in which you can select a different terrain database. Select the second option button: PhotoMesh default local terrain database.
Adding Photos to the Project
Photos can be loaded/imported into PhotoMesh using any of the following methods:
- Load photo files from disk (Home > Add > Photos > Load File(s)… or Load Folder…)
- Load an Excel/XML file with a list of photos, their file paths, and all photos and photo collection information, e.g., GPS tags, omega phi kappa values, focal length, and pixel size (Home > Add > Photos > Load From List)
- Load a CSV file with a list of photos and more limited photo information: only XYZ and OPK/YPR data (Home > Add > Photos > Load From List)
- Extract individual frames from a video file and load them as image files (Home > Add > Photos > Load Video (FMV))
- Import photos with their metadata so you can skip the AT process (Home > Add > Photos > Import Tool…)
In this tutorial, we demonstrate the Excel photo list import. Click here to learn about alternative ways to load photos.
- On the Home tab, in the Add group, from the Photos drop-down list select Load From List. The Load a Photo List File dialog is displayed.
- Browse to .\PhotoMesh7.7.0 - Quick Start Tutorial\Photos\Frederick.xlsx and then click Open. The photos are loaded into the project and and the photo collections are listed in the Project Tree. Information about individual photos in a collection is available from the Item List. The Item List displays a list of all the items in the currently selected Project Tree group, and information about each item. The default location for the List panel is under the 3D Window.
Project Tree and Item List after the Photo Import
- On the Home tab, in the Area group, from the AT Area drop-down list select Fly to Area to fly to the project area.
- Click the PhotoMesh button , and then click Save (Ctrl+S) to save the project.